Logbook Loans – How it works
A Logbook Loan is a quick and easy way to get cash fast.
We can provide cash for your successful application immediately. Simply call us or apply online to arrange a logbook loan.
How does it work?
- We hold your logbook (V5 document) as security until the logbook loan is repaid in full. However, during the term of the logbook loan, the vehicle remains in your possession and your use whilst you make payments due. Your logbook is returned when you have completed repayment.
- You can borrow from £500 to £50,000.
- Loans can be arranged for a minimum of 1 month, our standard agreements run over 18 months but longer terms can be agreed if suitable.
- We offer logbook loans for all kinds of vehicles, including luxury cars, vintage cars, and vans.
We will hold onto your logbook until your loan has been repaid and then your logbook will be returned to you. Your enquiry and application will be treated in strict confidence.
Am I eligible for a logbook loan?
- You must be the owner of the vehicle
- You must be aged 18 or over
- Your vehicle will need to be clear of finance
- You must reside in the UK
What do I need to bring?
- The original logbook
- Copy of MOT and Insurance
- Copy of Driving Licence and or Passport
- Proof of income
- 2 Utility Bills (not older than 3 months)
- Your spare key may be requested
Do you Need a Loan but have Poor Credit History?
We may still be able to help you…
When you need to borrow money quickly, overcoming a poor credit history can be like banging your head against a brick wall. At Logbook Loans 247 we take our commitment to responsible lending very seriously, however, we also believe that having a poor credit history can be turned around.
That is why we ensure that all of our loans are affordable and have manageable repayments. Making loan repayments on time shows positive credit intent and this can help repair your credit rating.
Passing a Credit Check
We do carry out a credit check as part of the application process, but it is not your credit history in isolation that dictates whether you pass, it is more about your recent credit activity and employment status which gives us an indication of your ability to repay the loan. Our credit check is not designed to discriminate against people who may have had credit issues in the past; our approach is to focus more on the future than labour too much on the past.
CCJ’s, Debt Management, IVA’s and Bankruptcy
Previous CCJ’s (County Court Judgements) will not usually be held against you when we take a look at your credit history, however, if you are currently in an Individual Voluntary Arrangement, a Debt Management Plan or you are bankrupt, we will be unable to help you.
We can potentially help you even if…
- You have a poor credit history but can demonstrate positive credit intent
- You have CCJs
- You have a discharged bankruptcy
- You have previously been in a Debt Management Plan which is no longer active
- You have previously been in an Individual Voluntary Arrangement which is no longer active
We cannot provide a loan if…
- You have an active Bankruptcy
- You have an active IVA (Individual Voluntary Arrangement)
- You have an active Debt Management Plan
LATE REPAYMENT CAN CAUSE YOU SERIOUS MONEY PROBLEMS. YOUR VEHICLE MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP THE REPAYMENTS ON YOUR LOGBOOK LOAN.